Rhyl High School
Client: Willmott Dixon
Duration/Completion: 104 weeks
Value: £2.5 million
Brenig Construction were appointed in November 2014 by Wilmott Dixon to carry out the groundworks package on the new £25m Rhyl High School.
This is an important development for Rhyl High school as parts of the existing school have been described as dilapidated by the modernising education team in the council. We are pleased to be part of the effort to create a contemporary school for the Rhyl community.
The existing buildings will be demolished and pupils transferred to the new school. The new Rhyl High School will also be taking students from Ysgol Tir Morfa special school. The site of the old school will not go to waste as the area will be transformed into sports fields and facilities once the buildings for the new school are ready for pupils.
The works contracted to Brenig include the following-
• Storm water drainage including attenuation
• Foul water drainage including all mains connections
• Pile cropping
• Reinforced concrete foundations
• Installation of ducting network
• Extensive kerbing and edging works to form main access roads, car parks and footpaths
View Our Rhyl High School Project References: