Ysgol Y Gogarth – Willmott Dixon
Project: Ysgol yr Gogarth (Infrastructure works and finishes, including Green Space for Children)
Client: Willmott Dixon
Duration/Completion: 56 weeks
Description: Brenig Construction were appointed in July 2013 by Willmott Dixon to carry out the infrastructure and ground works for the Ysgol y Gogarth special educational needs school on it’s existing site in Craig y Don, Llandudno.
The new school provides a new home for the 170-pupil school with a new library, IT spaces, therapy rooms, hydro pools, sports hall and vocational teaching areas. Existing residential facilities have also been extensively refurbished to provide self-contained flats with a new entrance offering a clear division between school and home.
The works contracted to Brenig Construction include:
- Extensive storm attenuation and associated surface water drainage.
- Installation of a new foul and surface water drainage network
- Installation of a new service duct network
- Earthworks to facilitate the levels around the envelope of the new school
- Extensive kerbing and edging to form main access roads, car parks and footpaths.
- Finishing works including surfacing and paving.
Additional works which have been awarded under phase 3 include the provision of a new sports pitch together with habitat and recreational areas for the children, all of which attribute to the Green Space required under this scheme.
View Our Ysgol y Gogarth Project References: